Re: Boot from tftp posted 03/03/2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Ashok Verma (ashoverm) wrote:

> Hi all,
> If I need to boot a router by using the tftp server and I am not allowed
> to use the boot system command. Can we achieve this just by changing the
> config register value.

Do you need to do this once, or have it happen every time at power-up?
The procedures are different.

Hint:  You need to know the processor-type name to make it work at power-up.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay@xxxxxxxx
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -