Re: Your Next Step is CCIE [Cisco feeling the burn] posted 03/03/2004

what is your proposed resolution when you provide a valid solution based on
the "stated" requirements. but that was not their "preferred" answer.

>From my impression, the cisco way is to not admit when they are wrong, just
try to offer you some sort of discount/test voucher to try and shut you
up/toss you aside.  This happened to me when i renew my CCDP exam, and i had
to fight with them for 3 months for them to read their own website on the
ceritifcation process.  I was wrong, but got a free voucher.

I am upset with cisco. and rightly so, i should be.  I am now what you would
consider an "unsatisfied customer".  But I am just one man, with a net worth
of about (negative 40k).

What recourse do i have against a billion dollar company?

Not much.

Just complain and have the audacity to state something that should be
stated.  Cisco doesn't care about the integrity of the test.  They should
use a different phrase there.  They only care about the security of the test
questions.  They don't care if you did something correct & true to the
question because they worded it poorly, or if a tac article supports your
position on what was done as a valid configuration.

They are just trying to refine & streamline a business unit for financial
gain.  There is nothing wrong with doing that.  But I feel the methods &
standards of obscurity they are applying are childish.

Lets repeat the wonderful microsoft phrase, "security through obsecurity".
So lets substitue "Integrity through obscurity".  I guess that's why we have
to talk in *ifs*, *could be's*, *etc*

I am sorry to make you all listen to my complaints and my gripes.  But the
bottom line is that cisco doesn't care about you.  And when i got this
"special offer" as a CCNP, after all the crap i have went through with
talking to the "powers that be".  I was a little pissed off, not to mention
insulted.

HTAPOAE  (hot tempered and pissed off as ever)