Re: Written Exam Expiration posted 03/01/2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Tasuka Amano Hsu wrote:

> Sorry about this question, but I am confuse and after search old thread
> is make me more confuse about this question, from CCIE Web page said :
>
> Written Exam: Expiration
> Candidates must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18
> months of passing the CCIE written exam. Candidates who do not pass
> must re-attempt the lab exam within 12 months of their last scored
> attempt in order for their written exam to remain valid. If a candidate
> does not pass the lab exam within three years of passing the written
> exam, he or she must retake the written exam before being allowed to
> attempt the lab exam again.
>
> Is that mean if I pass written at Oct/2001, first lab attempt at Mar
> 2003, second attempt at Feb 2004, then I still can try the lab until
> Oct 2004 ?

Correct.

> because within 3 years since pass written? or I need to retake written
> because first attempt and second attempt is 12 month, no more attempt
> allow ?

Rule 1:

If you don't attempt the lab within 18 months of the written, you have
to re-take the written before you can attempt the lab.

Rule 2:

If you attempt the lab and do not pass, you must attempt your next lab
within 12 months of your failed attempt or re-take the written.

Rule 3:

If you do not pass the lab within three years of taking the written,
you have to re-take the written before you can attempt the lab again.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay@xxxxxxxx
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV