3700 series router - ethernet switch module. posted 11/18/2003

Hi All,

I found an CCO article that says you can configure Layer 3 interfaces on the
16 port ethernet switch module for the 3700 series router. It is on the
section configuring layer 3 interfaces.

Having tested it out, I found out that it can't be done.

Can anyone verify that ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guid
e09186a008018165b.html

Router(config-if)#no switchport ?
  access    Set access mode characteristics of the interface
  mode      Set trunking mode of the interface
  priority  Set 802.1p priorities
  trunk     Set trunking characteristics of the interface
  voice     Voice appliance attributes

Router(config-if)#no switchport
% Incomplete command.

Router(config-if)#no switchport ac
Router(config-if)#no switchport access
% Incomplete command.

Router(config-if)#no switchport access ?
  vlan  Set VLAN when interface is in access mode

Router(config-if)#no switchport access vl
Router(config-if)#no switchport access vlan
Router(config-if)#ip add 10.1.1.2 255.0.0.0

% IP addresses may not be configured on L2 links.

Router(config-if)#

Thanks,
Paul