Re: VOIP num-exp or translate ? posted 11/12/2003

Jonathan,

I tested the translation rule in my lab setup and it works nicely also.

translation-rule 1
 Rule 0 ^5 6001

voice-port 1/0/0
 translate called 1

voice-port 1/0/1

dial-peer voice 10 pots
 destination-pattern 6000
 port 1/0/0

dial-peer voice 20 pots
 destination-pattern 6001
 port 1/0/1

When picking up the phone connected to fxs port 1/0/0 and dialing "5",
the phone connected to fxs port 1/0/0 rings. Therefore I admit that if
the requirement is the following :

> ... When someone dials 5 on the phone connected to 1/0/0 the
> ... number configured on 1/0/1 (6001) should be called.

Then I agree with Matijevic the solution provided above looks better
than using the global num-exp command (which is valid for any phone
connected to the box, not just the one connected to port 1/0/0).

Cheers,

Enrico