Re: Full IP connectivity posted 11/11/2003

It completely depends on the the question. If in doubt, ask the procter. I used very simple questions like "Does this route have to show on R4?" That way they can give you a yes or no answer. The questions are VERY specific in what routes they want reacable where.

am

From: "Leigh Bichard" <leigh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Full IP connectivity
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:26:34 +0000

Does full IP connectivity include EGP routes as well as IGP? Having full reachability, except when specifically requested not to, is usually a goal of the lab but I have always assumed that this only related to IGPs. With BGP I have tended to only concentrate on the BGP routers especially when it affects BGP functionality.

Should all routers have ip reachability to BGP routes? Should BGP routers be able to ping BGP addresses?

Thanks