RE: Access to Home Router posted 11/11/2003

gateway on 2511?

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Vang,
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 10:50 PM
To: Group Study
Subject: Access to Home Router

I am trying to telnet to my home routers from work but can't seem to get it
to work. If I am at home, I can telnet to router. Hope you all can help.

Here is my setup at home.

  Internet ------>Cable Modem ----->D-Link Router (DP-713P)------->Cisco
	        IP:             	|			IP:
				          PC (TFTP Server)

Here are the critical info:

Cable Modem:  	DHCP from provider
D-Link Router:
Cisco Router:
TFTP Server:

On the D-Link Router: I have create a Virtue Server that forward port 23 to
There error that I am getting is "Could not open connection to the host, on
port 23".
I know that the port forwarding on the D-link router works because if I
forward it to PC with telnet enable, I am able to connect. There is
something about the router that is preventing me to connect from work.

Current configuration : 1277 bytes
version 12.1
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
hostname CommServer
enable secret 5 $1$GOep$DjS80e/XX7TrnisqIAHvk1
enable password TrnisqIAHvk1
username asdfasdfasdf password 0 TrnisqIAHvk1asdfasdfasdf
ip subnet-zero
no ip domain-lookup
ip host Frame 2003
ip host RackR5 2001