From: "Martin D. Fierbaugh" <marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Lab Tactics
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:30:04 -0500

Hello all,

My question is in relation to tactics.  There are many options for
completing a particular task.  However, I imagine taking a certain
approach verses another may keep you out of troubleshooting hot water.

My question is, if given a scenario where you have several options are you better off to keep it as simple as possible or try to dig deeper to find out what the test is looking for (i.e. read ahead). I am sure people have configd themselves into corners before by trying to impress (BGP comes to mind) the grading proctor.

I have found that real world implementation can differ from approaches
to a lab environment and I am afraid my views may be jaded by my own
personal experiences and design practices.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,