RIP filtering /27 prefix posted 11/02/2003

If I am asked to ONLY ALLOW all RIP-learned routes with /27 prefix, what's
the difference between the two ? I expect both of them should achieve the
same result but unfortunately only the 2nd one works :

router rip
 distribute-list 101 in Ethernet0/0/0.909

router rip
 distribute-list prefix TEST in Ethernet0/0/0.909

access-list 101 permit ip any host
ip prefix-list TEST seq 5 permit ge 27 le 27