Re: NTP Authentication. posted 08/13/2003

Hi,
set 2 is correct, although set 1 seemingly can work. not trust training material too much.

Bin.

From: "Chen Kwong Wai William" <kwchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: NTP Authentication.
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:43:02 +0800

Dear all,

Any one confirm me that whether the Client setting 1 or 2 is correct?
I've try setting 1, but it seems the client does not authenticate the
server. Even I set the server and client with different keys, client always
sync. clock with server. So I believer 2 is correct, but many solution/cisco
books will suggest the setting of 1?

NTP Server:

ntp authentication-key 1 md5 cisco
ntp authenticate