From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Yuki Hisano
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 11:20 AM
To: Jim Dixon; John Matijevic; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Break-key & _continue_

I cant log in the link below.

??

Yuki

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Dixon" <JDixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Yuki Hisano'" <yukyhisano@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "John Matijevic"
<matijevi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 11:03 AM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_rele
ase_
note09186a008015c76a.html
0x2102 should be correct for autoboot
per the excerpt below from the link above.
Upgrading a Nonredundant Configuration

----
----
Step 1   As a precaution, save the system configuration.

Step 2   Copy the Cisco IOS system software image (for example,
c6sup12-jsv-mz.121-8b.EX5 or later) to either sup-bootflash or slot0.

Step 3   Remove the old boot commands:

Router(config)# no boot system flash slot0:old_image_name
or:

Router(config)# no boot system flash sup-bootflash:old_image_name
Step 4   Configure the switch to autoboot the new image:

----
----
 Note    To avoid boot failure, include the device name (slot0 or
sup-bootflash) in the following commands.

----
----

Router(config)# boot system flash slot0:c6sup12-jsv-mz.121-8b.EX5
or:

Router(config)# boot system flash
sup-bootflash:c6sup12-jsv-mz.121-8b.EX5
Step 5   Set the configuration register parameter to autoboot:

Router(config)# config-register 0x2102
Step 6   Copy the running configuration to the startup configuration in
NVRAM:

Router# write memory
Step 7   Reload the switch:

Router# reload