Re: Question on IP CEF posted 06/10/2003

Jonathan V Hays wrote:
Dave,

I don't disagree.

My original point was - that's what the docs say, but CAR does not
complain if you just enable it without enabling CEF on my 2500, 2600,
and 3600 series routers. And others in this thread have had the same
experience.

So the question boils down to, does CAR really work or not, if you don't
enable CEF?

Jonathan

I don't know, when I have configured CAR I have always enabled CEF. If I have time I will try to find the answer in the lab...

Dave

David Madland CCIE# 2016 Sr. Network Engineer Qwest Communications 612-664-3367

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it
can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson