From: Eric Fisher <efisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Router ISIS
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:10:30 -0400

Do you need to enable clns routing to get ISIS to work. I have seen two types of configs and this is getting me a little confused.

clns routing
interface ser 1
encap frame
interface ser 1.1 point-to-point
ip address 10.20.20.2 255.255.255.0
ip router isis
clns router isis  <---is this needed.
frame-relay interface-dlci 103

router isis
net 49.0001.2222.2222.2222.00
is-type level-2

the above came from cisco

this config below came from a ccie class

interface ser 1
encap fram
ip add 10.20.20.2 255.255.255.0
ip router isis
fram map ip 10.20.20.1 103 broad
fram map clns 10.20.20.1 103 broad

router isis
network 49.0001.2222.2222.2222.00
is type level-2

what does the clns router isis command do, . and do you need to enable clns routing because the answer sheet I have from the class clns routing is not in there but the map statements are.

Thanks
Eric