RE: Re: atm ilmi-pvc-discovery posted 03/09/2003

Peter,
Look at the output of his "show atm vc" command. You can see that the
PVC was automatically assigned to the subinterface. Why are you
recommending that he remove the command and assign it manually if the
PVC is already assigned to the correct subinterface? The whole purpose
of the subinterface option is to automatically assign it to a
subinterface so manual configuration isn't needed.

Here is a working example:

Rack4R6#sho run inter atm0/0/0
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 137 bytes
!
interface ATM0/0/0
 no ip address
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 atm ilmi-pvc-discovery subinterface
 pvc 0/5 qsaal
 !
 pvc 0/16 ilmi
 !
end

Rack4R6#sho run inter atm0/0/0.1
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 76 bytes
!
interface ATM0/0/0.1 multipoint
 ip address 54.254.1.4 255.255.255.0
end

Rack4R6#sho atm pvc
           VCD /                                        Peak  Avg/Min
Burst
Interface  Name         VPI   VCI  Type   Encaps   SC   Kbps   Kbps
Cells  Sts
0/0/0      1              0     5  PVC    SAAL     UBR  155000
UP
0/0/0      2              0    16  PVC    ILMI     UBR  155000
UP
0/0/0.1    4              1    34  PVC-D  SNAP     UBR  155000
UP
Rack4R6#sho atm map
Map list ATM0/0/0.1_ATM_INARP : DYNAMIC
ip 54.254.1.254 maps to VC 4, VPI 1, VCI 34, ATM0/0/0.1

Rack4R6#ping 54.254.1.254

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 54.254.1.254, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/2/4 ms
Rack4R6#

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S/ISP Dial/Security)
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.labforge.com