SIMPLE ISDN ? posted 01/06/2003

r2(BRI4/2)-----------------(BRI0/0)R5

r2 initiates the call

When I do a show dialer on R5 the "Time until disconnect 17 secs" goes all
the way to zero then disconnect and reconnect every 60 seconds. At R2 I see
that the hello is alive and kicking as reflected by the "Time until
disconnect 52 secs". It is being reset to 60 every 10 sec.This is normal
because I did not configure ospf demand-circuit yet.

I have no clue why R5 is managing the call.
To my knowledge R5 is not suppose to monitor the call as the initiator is
R2.
I have to configure dialer idle-timeout = 0 for R5 to stop dropping the
call.

NOTE: I removed from R5 "dialer map ip 150.50.9.2 name ROLAB003 broadcast"
and it did not make any difference.

R5:
R5#sh run int bri0/0
interface BRI0/0
ip address 150.50.9.5 255.255.255.192
encapsulation ppp
dialer idle-timeout 60
dialer map ip 150.50.9.2 name ROLAB003 broadcast
isdn switch-type basic-ni
isdn spid1 514937598800 9375988
isdn spid2 514937893200 9378932
ppp authentication chap
end

R2 config:

interface BRI4/2
ip address 150.50.9.2 255.255.255.192
no ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation ppp
dialer idle-timeout 60
dialer map ip 150.50.9.5 name R5 broadcast 99375988
dialer-group 2
isdn switch-type basic-ni
isdn spid1 514937969200 9379692
isdn spid2 514937311500 9373115
ppp authentication chap
end

THE SHOW DIALER FROM R5:

R5#SH DIALER

BRI0/0 - dialer type = ISDN

Dial String Successes Failures Last DNIS Last status
0 incoming call(s) have been screened.
0 incoming call(s) rejected for callback.

BRI0/0:1 - dialer type = ISDN
Idle timer (60 secs), Fast idle timer (20 secs)
Wait for carrier (30 secs), Re-enable (15 secs)
Dialer state is data link layer up
Time until disconnect 24 secs
Connected to 9379692 (ROLAB003)

THE SHOW DIALER FROM R2:
BRI4/2 - dialer type = ISDN

Dial String Successes Failures Last called Last status
99375988 82 4 00:00:07 successful
0 incoming call(s) have been screened.
0 incoming call(s) rejected for callback.

BRI4/2:1 - dialer type = ISDN
Idle timer (60 secs), Fast idle timer (20 secs)
Wait for carrier (30 secs), Re-enable (15 secs)
Dialer state is data link layer up
Dial reason: ip (s=150.50.9.2, d=224.0.0.5)
Time until disconnect 59 secs
Connected to 99375988 (R5)

Thanks for helping.

Cheers,