Re: Reflexive AL and CBAC posted 10/17/2002
- Subject: Re: Reflexive AL and CBAC
- From: "Peter" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:17:41 -0500
- Organization: CyscoExpert Corp.
- References: <F76DFB5772F3D411861100508BAEEC62EBC837@Q8X48.atg.telekom.de >
As far I remember reflexive ACLs will open holes for return traffic only
based on the protocol and port number, so applications requiring multiple
channels are not going to work.
CBAC takes care of this because you can set it up to watch out for
Peter Puczko, Brian McGahan's buddy
#7247 (R&S, Security)
Phone (847) 674-3392
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 8:36 AM
Subject: Reflexive AL and CBAC
> Hello everyone,
> Can someone tell the main difference between the reflexive access list and
> class based access control? They seem very similar to me. The same use and
> the concept. The both filter traffic at the edge of the network. Only
> traffic that originated from the inside will pass to the outside unless
> configure otherwise. Thanks.