From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
kpalmer
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 2:46 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ospf area 0 range

I'm doing CCIEboot lab 20 and don't see the logic,
or even how they got the 155.10.10.0/28 and 155.10.65.0/30 route's to
show up in R4's
IGRP/IP table. I can't even simulate it.
The Lab is redistribute connected and summary-address only on the ASBR
and they show it in R9's IP table??

I guess the question is: regarding OSPF

If I key an >Area 1 range X.X.X.X/24 on one
area 1 ABR's router, is it EXPECTABLE or EXPECTED to key it on
all ABR's w/ an interface in Area 1? I've seen labs do it both ways?

The scenario is:
      a0
      r7

       |   OSPF A0
IGRP   a0
r4-|---r5
       a1------r1 a1

       |    N 10.0 /28
       r3     OSPF A1
       a1

R5,R1,and R3 are in area 1 with a /28 mask.
R4, is IGRP.

R5:

interface Serial multipoint
 ip address 150.10.10.5 255.255.255.240

router ospf 1
summary-address 150.10.10.0 255.255.255.0
redistribute connected metric 65 subnets route-map con_sum

route-map con_sum permit the following:
access-list 50 permit 150.10.10.0 0.0.0.255

I'll be scouring CCO.....

KPalmer