RE: QOS Question from Routopia LAB 3 posted 08/11/2002

Hi All,
So is it fair to say that CB-WFQ and GTS can both apply to Routopia lab 3.
The only deference would be that CB-WFQ would not have a reservoir  to store traffic that exceeds the specified rate AND if we do decide to implement GTS the reservoir will be available.
Since the Routopia lab 3 is a little vague on what their exact requirements are both GTS and CB-WFQ is a viable solution.
Is this correct statements I have made???  Please correct my conclusions for myself if I am wrong.
thank you,
chris hugo

 Michael Snyder wrote: I stand corrected. So if it does run out of tokens and queues the
packet, that queued packet can't be sent till the next time interval
anyway. Thus the limiting function is still preserved.

I was thinking it was just a general realtime interface queue. But if
that was the case, then it would defeat the whole purpose of GTS.

Thanks,

This email thread was time well spent for me.

Michael

P.S. Did anyone else catch the inconstancy of the feature name GTS, and
it's limiting functions? To me, CQ is a shaper, and GTS is a policer.