Re: OT: Main IOS and Bootloader Image posted 05/15/2002

No, they don't have to be in sync. bootldr is only needed when ios
image is corrupted. You have upgrade ios w/o upgrade bootldr. However,
I don't recommend their version are too far away, say ios is 12.2T and
bootldr is 11.0.

Certain IOS may require newer bootldr image. Always check out release
notes.

--- "Neil G. Legada" <nglegada@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> Is it a must that the above should be of the same version when doing
> IOS
> upgrades on RSP's or MSFC's ??? Anybody experienced some problems
> doing
> otherwise ??? I've seen systems with different main and boot image
> but are
> running perfectly fine. I'm just wondering since from the CCO each
> IOS
> versions comes with a corresponding boot image file.
>
> Appreciate some feedbacks.
>

> Thanks and regards,
> Neil
> Commercial lab list: http://www.groupstudy.com/list/commercial.html
> Please discuss commercial lab solutions on this list.
=====
    C i s c o   S y s t e m s
        www.cisco.com/tac
Empowering the Internet Generation