RE: Virtual Links posted 04/18/2002

I do not think the stub will make a difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tarek Sabry [mailto:tsabry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:04 PM
To: 'Jason'; 'Wade Edwards'
Cc: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Virtual Links

In fact I get an error message on r3 right before the VL goes down. The
error says: Detected router with duplicate router id xxx.xxx.x.x (which
is
itself by the way!) in type-4 LSA advertised bt xxx.xx.xx.x (which is
r4).

Jason, see if you get the same error. Hmmm so how are we going to handle
that now? Everybody seems to agree that this should work! By the way do
we
need to make area 2 some kind of stub so that no router LSAs get
generated
from it? Or do I have the definition of stub backwards??

Tarek