From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tshon
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 3:49 AM
To: Jason Sinclair
Cc: 'A Yigit Zorlu'; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: BGP default inf orig vs. redist static default route

See if this explains your problem.

    If you have a static default configured locally or are recieving a
default route via BGP.  The router will not pass
to other IBGP routers that they have a default route.  So you need the
Default information originate to pass
it along. Which is the same as redistributing the static.

    Now, what I think in reading you question, is that you might really
be trying to figure out why receive a default
route via BGP instead of entering a static route?  Is that more in line
with your question?  Or did the first part help?