From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Bob Usa
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 6:18 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Virtual-link and Area range

Hello,

This question might have been asked before but I just could not find
anything about it in the archives.

Topology:

  Area 2 /25 ---- R4
                  s1

                 Area 1 10.2.2.x/28

                  R5
                  s1

                 Area 0 10.2.1.x/30

                  R3

Before virtual link is enabled, I can see the /24 of Area 0 at R4 due to
area range at R5.  After I enable the virtual link on R4 and R5 over area 1
the /24 is no longer at the routing table of the R4.  Also, before the
virtaul link the route for 10.2.1.x was OSPF Inter-area which makes sense
but after the virtual-link was enabled the route looks like an intra-area
route, no IA.  Can somebody shed some light on this?  There has to be a way
to advertise a summarized network to R4 whe virtual link is enabled.

TIA