2500 Series DRAM Upgrade posted 02/02/2002

Hi CiscoCCIEs,
I would like to upgrade a Cisco 2500 series router from a 8 MB SIMM
to a 16 MB SIMM. Can I use the standard PC 16 MB SIMM as a
replacement in router.
The Cisco 2500 has one SIMM slot for DRAM. DRAM is available in
either 4, 8, or 16 MB SIMMs. Currently-shipping Cisco 2500s have no
DRAM on the motherboard. Because the Cisco 2500 has only one
SIMM slot for DRAM, DRAM is not additive. Therefore, if you want to
upgrade DRAM from 4 MB to 16 MB, you must remove the 4 MB
SIMM and replace it with the 16 MB SIMM (part number: MEM-
1X16D=)
Thanks for your advise.

Darly