Re: Which Scenarios are best? posted 09/25/2001

The more you see, the more scenarios you can create for practice.

I'd expect someone to wake up and start making noise over what score he had
in the lab exam and probably we start another unworthy issue.

At 11:28 PM 9/24/2001 -0600, Matt Wagner wrote:
>I agree for the most part.  I would like to add that I am impressed when I
>see that people passed the first time.  It tells me that they probably
>prepared more thoroughly than I did.  It also tells me that I am probably
>closer than I feel after failing.  On the other hand, I wouldn't want to
>wait until I was "sure" that I was ready to take the lab.  I don't have
>that long.  I took my first attempt without knowing what "prepared"
>meant.  I failed miserably.  After someone pointed me to this group and
>watched the caliber of technical discussion that takes place, I realized
>just how prepared "prepared" can be, and it helped me to set a new
>standard for studying.  I know how to better guage whether or not I have
>"mastered" a particular topic.  That said, I have no plans to wait until I
>have perfected my skills in every topic to take the lab.  The sooner I
>pass it, the sooner I can start doing some other things, like learning
>Unix, spending time
>with my wife and kid, etc.  If I never master DLSW but I manage to squeak
>by on the Lab, I will deal with DLSW later (if and when I have to on the
>job).
>Otherwise I will be contect to be an expert in the areas that I think
>matter and pass the lab with a score of 81.  If that means that I never
>get to write practice labs, well, that's not my goal.  I respect people
>who want to pass on the first time so that they can write practice tests,
>if that is what they want, and certainly anyone who passes on the first
>try should be proud of themselves.  I would have been.  I will also be
>proud to lose the weight that I have gained since I stopped playing
>basketball to study for this darn exam :~]
>
>You guys are great even when you disagree...
>
>Matt

Osindero Ademola
Schlumberger Network Solutions
Tel: 234 1 261 0446 Ext 3227
Fax 234 1 262 1034
email:osindero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or
entity addressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please
notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your
system. The sender totally disclaims, and will not accept, any
responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or the consequences
of any unauthorized use, of this communication or message.

Thank you