Re: NLSP and Frame Relay posted 09/24/2001

Two other caveats to remember with IPXWAN:
     - you must configure an ipx internal network number
     - there cannot be an IPX address on the serial interface you plan to
configure

Regarding multiple logical interfaces referencing the same PVC, this is not
possible.

R5(config)#ipx routing
R5(config)#int s0
R5(config-if)#encap fr
R5(config-subif)#int s0.2 m
R5(config-subif)#fram map ip 10.10.10.1 123

R5(config-subif)#int s0.3 m
R5(config-subif)#fram map ipx FFFF.0000.0000.0001 123
%PVC already assigned to interface Serial0.2

R5(config-subif)#int s0.1p
R5(config-subif)#fram inter 123
%PVC already assigned to sub-interface Serial0.2

R5#sh fram map
Serial0.2 (up): ip 10.10.10.1 dlci 123(0x7B,0x1CB0), static,
              CISCO, status defined, active

R5(config)#int s0.2
R5(config-subif)#no fram map ip 10.10.10.1 123

R5(config-subif)#int s0.1 p
R5(config-subif)#fram inter 123

R5(config-fr-dlci)#int s0.2
R5(config-subif)#fram map ipx FFFF.0000.0000.0001 123
%PVC already assigned to interface Serial0.1

R5#sh fram map
Serial0.1 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 123(0x7B,0x1CB0), broadcast
          status defined, active

The workaround would be to create another PVC to the destination router and
assign it to the other subif.

Steve

                    Darren Ward
                    <dward@xxxxxx        To:     Todd Veillette <tveillette@xxxxxxxx>
                    t.au>                cc:     ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: NLSP and Frame Relay
                    nobody@xxxxxx
                    tudy.com

                    09/24/2001
                    12:02 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Darren Ward

Hi All,

I've just been through the TAC Forum and two articles state that the only
way
to get NLSP working on Frame Relay is to use point-to-point subinterfaces
as
both physical int and multipoint subint will not work.

Next question, I haven't had time to test this in a lab yet but can a DLCI
referenced by IP on one logical subinterface be used on another
subinterface
by another protocol?

e.g. IP multipoint interface but two IPX p-t-p subinterfaces using the same
DLCI's via frame map commands?

I think so and will try later but was interested to se if anyone had
already
tried this or not.

Darren
(2nd attempt Sydney 27-28 September)