OT : CCIE's posted 09/24/2001

I know around 20 CCIEs and I would say as an outsider looking in that
achieving CCIE is of course a test of your technical skills but is more a
state of mind ? It must give you and others confidence that not only your
skillset is good but also you can think logically and your fault finding
skills under pressure are sound.

I know some CCIE's who love to have a discussion then throw in, "oh, I'm a
CCIE so I'm right" but in the main the CCIEs I know are very friendly and
approachable although in life you will always find a small minority that let
their peers down.

Well that's my thoughts anyway !