From: Piperw222@xxxxxxx [mailto:Piperw222@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, 23 September 2001 12:15 p.m.
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BGP OVER ISDN BACKUP - HOW TO TURN OFF KEEPALIVES??? PLEASE
HELP!!!!

I am running isdn backup with floating static routes which are redistributed

into ospf. I have bgp running. When the serial link goes down the isdn link
is used as a backup. Bgp keepalives however, are bringing up the line. I
want
to keep the bgp relationship established over ISDN, but I do not want
keepalives to bring up the isdn connection. CAN THIS BE DONE? I AM TAKING
THE
LAB IN RTP ON MONDAY and I need to know how I can keep the bgp neighbor
established over ISDN but not bring up the ISDN connection because od
KEEPALIVES.

Thanks,

Lou