Re: [Re: ospf hello interval ] posted 09/19/2001

Because the dead-timer has no effect on the hello timer.  By default, dead
timer = 3 X Hello timer.  Hence, by changing the dead-timer, you are
overriding this default behavior.  hope this helps.

"Patrick" <pjm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Broadcast and Point-to-Point have a hello interval of 10.
>
> Patrick

Tony Ng, MCSE+I, CCNP
Senior Network Analyst
Goldman Sachs