From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
ohanusi anthony
Sent: 15 September 2001 15:11
To: Timothy Ouellette; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CCBootcamp #1 question

Hi tim
the physical interface can be a dte or dce  but for frame relay switching,
enable the global command frame relay switching and  on the
interface  enable frame relay inft-type dce .Let the other end generate the
timing using clock rate  command.
Hope this will help.
Regards

At 08:48 PM 9/14/2001 -0400, Timothy Ouellette wrote
>Yeah, that's kinda where I am stuck right now.  Per the diagram it says
>s0 on router r7 should be a DTE and so should s1 on router r7.  In that
>case when I try to do a frame route between two DTE's I get an error.
>
>Maybe this is an error with the diagram and all the interfaces on router
>r7 should be DCE? or are they throwing a curve ball at me?
>
>Also, is router r7 supposed to have an ip anywhere on it (say
>10.10.1.4/16 since that is not on the diagram anywhere?)
>
>They don't want l3 to l2 mappings such as frame relay map ip statements,
>but frame route statements are okay.
>
>Sorry for the beginner type questions, but for some reason I seem to
>have forgotten all of this good stuff :(
>
>Tim
>
>routerjocky wrote:
> >
> > Yup.  don't use subints on your frame relay switch.  the subints belong
on
> > the end routers, and they'll take on any DLCI's that the frame switch
> > advertises on that interface.
> >
> > Take a look at this frame relay switch configuration example:
> >
> > http://www.fatkid.com/html/401_advanced_ospf.html
> >
> > Click on Frame Relay Switch button

Ohanusi Anthony  CCNA,CCNP,CCIE Written.
WAN  Engineer

Network Solution, A Schlumberger Company
Email : <ohanusi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone : 234-1-2610446   EXT  3230
Fax : 234-1-2621034
Learn to qualify your statement