De : Carole Warner Reece [mailto:cwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyi : 14 septembre, 2001 09:05
@ : Fear, Russell H; 'ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Objet : Re: Help!

Do you have 'ip ospf demand-circuit' on both sides of the link?  If so, you
should
probably only use it one side.

The ip ospf demand-circuit should only be configured on one router for a
point-to-point circuit.

If it is placed on one interface (say, not the ASBR), then a simple
'dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit' allows the link to act as a backup
circuit for OSPF area 0 (connecting an ASBR to area 0.)

However, if 'ip ospf demand-circuit' is placed on both interfaces, then you
can
see the kind of behavior you are mentioning.

Carole

Carole Warner Reece, CCIE #5168
Mentor Technologies
http://www.mentortech.com