RE: ISIS over Frame Relay - posted 09/13/2001

Use the frame-relay map clns (dlci) if using a physical interface.
Verify that you don't have a hello mismatch (ex. physical at the Hub and
subs
at the spoke). I have seen this error message CLNS: System ID
(0000.E01E.3E8C.00)
must not change when defining additional area addresses; and it stems from
adding
a net incorrectly and then trying to readd it. The solution is to just
remove the
ISIS routing process and then readd the net correctly. (also check your
address
you should follow the Gosip Nsap format or the OSI address format)

Gosip Nsap address
      		Domain          |
 	47.0005.80.ffff00.0000.ffff.0004.0000.0c00.62e6.00
	 |   |    |    |    |    |    |           |      |
	 |   |    |    |    |    |    |           |      |
	AFI IDI  DFI  AAI  Resv  RD  Area     System ID  N-selector

	Osi Nsap address
	47.0004.004D.0003.0000.0C00.62E6.00
|    	       Domain|Area|    System ID| S|

thanks,

" Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great "

Armon Richardson
CNE, MCSE, CCNP, CCDP
Network Systems Engineer
Lucent Worldwide Services