about traceroute packets of cisco router posted 09/11/2001

Hi,Members

 I found cisco use tcp 33434 to trace a route,I want to know its mechanism.Could you show me? thanks.

 I think the following tools can tell me the trueness,but I haven't.

  e0        |                    |        e0  loop0
          sniffer capture _______|

BJ trace a route of NY loop0,decode the packets.