From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
CCIE
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2001 10:23 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Disaster Recovery

While doing some practice labs, I ran across this scenario:

"Customer accidentally erased router's system image in flash memory, they
have
no Cisco IOS software and / or a TFTP server on hand.  There is no internet
access as well.  Make sure you get the problem solved in 15 minutes."

Would be interested in hearing thoughts on how others would approach this.

My thoughts are,  to configure a neighbor router to be a TFTP server and
download the IOS image from the same model neighbor while in rommon mode on
the crashed router.

Anyone else have any other ideas.

Thanks
Mike