From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Brian
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 7:25 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CCIE Practice Kit Scenerio 1 Question

I have a question regarding scenerio 1 in the CCIE
Lab Practice Kit.

Step 46 is:

"Under no circunstances can AS100 be used as a transit network for AS200
to reach AS300.  To acomplish this, no additional configurations should
be added to any router other than R2."

R4-AS200------R5-AS200		R6-AS300
    \	     /                      /
     \	    /                      /
      \    /                      /
       \  /                      /
        \/		        /
     R3-AS100              R2-AS100
	\                     /
         \                   /
          \                 /
           \               /
            \             /
             \           /
              \         /
               \       /
                \     /
                 \   /
                  \ /
                R1-AS100
                Route-Reflector

To me, the obvious is just set a route map on R2
to set community no-export on learned routes from R6.

But when you read the solution, they start telling
you to do this and that with R3.  Yet the objective
specifically said to mess with R2 only.  Anyone else
experience this when doing this scenerio?

Brian

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
signal@xxxxxxxxxx         scarlett@xxxxxxxxxx
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC		  http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.  		  VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401		  30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101	  Cisco Channel Partner
toll free: 866-2NETJAM
phone: 	   318-212-0245
fax: 	   318-212-0246