Re: IGRP with /28 and ospf with /25, 26 , 27, 28,29,30 - Redistributi on problem posted 06/10/2001

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Roman Rodichev wrote:

> it's simplier than that. If you have /24 OSPF route in your routing table,
> you can't "summarize" it (that term looses it's meaning actually) down to
> /25 using area-range
>
> And, by the way, I'm sorry I made a mistake. summary-address can't be used
> for OSPF->IGP summarization at all. Sorry

hmm, Roman are you sure about that last statment?  If I have /28's or
/26's in my OSPF and would like them to appear in my other IGP's as /24's
instead, why can't I use summary-address?  The purpose of summary-address
is to summarize from OSPF->non-OSPF IGP's.  Perhaps I am confused about
something........

Brian

> >From: "michale_lee50@xxxxxxxxxxx" <michael_lee50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: "Roman Rodichev" <rodic000@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <padhu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> ><ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: IGRP with /28 and ospf with /25, 26 , 27, 28,29,30 -
> >Redistributi on problem
> >Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:45:10 -0500
> >
> >scenario. I just need a way to inject the ospf /25 thro /30 as /28 into
> >IGRP...?? This is your question
> >
> >I have to say that is a strange one. Maybe I'm geting a little too old but
> >am under the impression that you want to redistribute a /28 into IGRP ?
> >mayby you want to redistribute an ospf network that is directly connected
> >into IGRP but that network is not downstrean so you can's use area-range
> >and
> >it's not coming into ospf so you can's use summary addres?
> >
> >is this the case?
> >
> >Mr.Lee

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
signal@xxxxxxxxxx         scarlett@xxxxxxxxxx
318-213-4709              318-213-4701

Netjam, LLC		  http://www.netjam.net
333 Texas St.  		  VISA/MC/AMEX/COD
Suite 1401		  30 day warranty
Shreveport, LA 71101	  Cisco Channel Partner
toll free: 866-2NETJAM
phone: 	   318-212-0245
fax: 	   318-212-0246