From: Rick Burts <burts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Richard Geiger <geiger_rich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Recovery from corrupt image ... HELP!!!
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:00:07 -0400 (EDT)

Richard

If you are booting into ROM there should be a copy command that will
allow you to copy an image from a tftp server to the router.

You say when you boot from tftp server it bombs.  It would be helpful
to have some details about how you set it up to booot from the server
and to have some details about the error messages (does it find the
server, does it find the image file on the server, does the transfer
start and get interrupted, does it transfer and then fail to run).
Knowing these things might help us give a more helpful answer.

Rick

Rick  Burts, CCSI   CCIE 4615        burts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mentor Technologies                  240-568-6500  ext  6652
133 National Business Parkway        240-568-6515  fax
Annapolis Junction, Md  20701

Chesapeake Network Solutions has now become Mentor Technologies.
Mentor Technologies is a certified Cisco Training Partner and also
a Cisco Professional Services partner.
We offer most of the Cisco training courses.
We also offer training in Checkpoint Firewall software and
Fore Systems (now Marconi) and MicroMuse.
We also provide network consulting services including
design, management, and problem solving.
We have 21 CCIEs on our staff.
We offer the breakthrough VLAB remote access technology for
access to practice configuration on real equipment.