From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Collins_Yeboah-Afari@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 29 May 2001 17:41
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Serial-Numbers

show diag

"glange@xxxxxxxxx" <glange on 05/29/2001 12:09:40 PM
Please respond to "glange@xxxxxxxxx" <glange@xxxxxxxxx>

To:   ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Collins Yeboah-Afari/IT/VGI)
Subject:  Serial-Numbers

Hello,

if I make on a Catalyst Switch a "sh version" or "sh module" I can see
all Serial-Numbers of the installed modules.
With the command "sh version" on a Cisco router there will be only
displayed a "Processor board ID .... ", that is not the same as the
Serial-Number.
I've heard, that the "Processor board ID" of the router was some
years ago the S/N.
Does anyone knows, if there exists a command to display the correct
Serial-Number of an Cisco-Router ?

Thank you.

Ciao,

Gerhard