1600 series routers posted 05/29/2001

I wanted to get a general feel from this community on using 1600 series
routers in prep for lab since they are lower cost in place of 2500s.  Any
shortcomings?  They support ISDN, serial and ethernet I/Fs.

I realize they can't support ATM or voice and can't be used as a frame-relay
cloud or access server.

Does anyone know if virtual token-ring I/Fs can be created on these?

Just looking to lower my cost for a home lab.

Thanks in advance.
Glenn Williams