GroupStudy.com GroupStudy.com - A virtual community of network engineers
 Home  BookStore  StudyNotes  Links  Archives  StudyRooms  HelpWanted  Discounts  Login
Re: ccbootcamp 8 - bgp always-compare-med posted 05/20/2001
[Chronological Index] [Thread Index] [Top] [Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next]


Yea but it's a good question because how would the IBGP connection actually
be brought down. The physical link between 6 and 5 but then the ISDN kicks
in. Or the physical link between 5 and 1 but if that happened then R7 would
never be able to get to the OSPF routes anyway. Of course the IBGP link
could be down because of a misconfiguration and then your point is valid.

Good question though. Any one else any thoughts?


----- Original Message -----
From: "Roman Rodichev" <rodic000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rsevier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <kenyeo@xxxxxxxxx>;
<ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 8:56 PM
Subject: RE: ccbootcamp 8 - bgp always-compare-med


> Raymond, it makes sense to do mutual redistribution on both R1 and R6.
What
> happens if IBGP is brought down. AS1 (i forgot the number, that's the one
> with R7) will have no way of knowing OSPF routes.
>
> i.e. let's say R6 is rebooted, how will R7 know about Ethernet connection
on
> R5?
>
>
> >From: "rsevier" <rsevier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: "Roman Rodichev" <rodic000@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <kenyeo@xxxxxxxxx>,
> ><ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: RE: ccbootcamp 8 - bgp always-compare-med
> >Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 09:30:07 -0700
> >
> >I agree that bgp always-compare-med is not needed.  however, I have
another
> >one for you.  Does there need to be redistribution on r1 of ospf into
bgp.
> >I know that redistribution of bgp into ospf is needed.  I have just
> >completed 8a and didn't find a reason to for the redistribution on r1 of
> >ospf into bgp.  Our solution worked fine with out it because of the it is
> >being redistributed on r6.  Can I get any input as to why it is in the
> >answers from Marc.
> >
> >thanks in advance
> >Raymond
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
> >Roman Rodichev
> >Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 11:31 PM
> >To: kenyeo@xxxxxxxxx; ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: ccbootcamp 8 - bgp always-compare-med
> >
> >
> >I thought so too
> >
> >
> > >From: "Ken Yeo" <kenyeo@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >Reply-To: "Ken Yeo" <kenyeo@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >To: <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >Subject: ccbootcamp 8 - bgp always-compare-med
> > >Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 01:06:44 -0500
> > >
> > >on r1
> > >
> > >I believe bgp always-compare-med is not needed.
> > >
> > >Anyone can comfirm that?
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >Ken Yeo
> > >**Please read:http://www.groupstudy.com/list/posting.html
> >_________________________________________________________________
> >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
> >**Please read:http://www.groupstudy.com/list/posting.html
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
> **Please read:http://www.groupstudy.com/list/posting.html
**Please read:http://www.groupstudy.com/list/posting.html
_______________________________________________________
To unsubscribe from the CCIELAB list, send a message to
majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the body containing:
unsubscribe ccielab