RE: Please Help Solve this redistribution Problem posted 05/11/2001

Hi Louie,
	From what I can see, you've got different Class A networks. The mask will
only be carried if all of the networks are from the same major network. For
example if you made each interface a, etc then it
would do what you expect.

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
louie kouncar
Sent: Friday, 11 May 2001 9:57:AM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Please Help Solve this redistribution Problem

I have a weird situation that is driving me nuts, here is the scenario:

R1 is running RIP with R2
R1 is running OSPF area 0 with R5
R1 is running IGRP with R3
R1 is running OSPF area 2 with R4

Here is the link configurations:

All links are Point-to-Point serial

Network assignments are: between R1 and R2 between R1 and R5 between R1 and R3 between R1 and R4

Also R5 has a LO0 int that is also in ospf area 0

If the link between R1 and R2 is a /24 and I am redistributing all the
Protocols into each other, Why does R2 see those networks as a classfull
networks {,,,} and not

Also, I had to summarize the /24 ospf networks on R1 to /8's so that they
show up in R2's routing table, This is opposite to everything I have done so
far and is driving me nuts, I thought that if you have a /24 link in a RIP
or IGRP domain, only /24's are sent into it..

Please tell me that I am not crazy...........

R2#sh ip route
Codes: C - connected, S - static, I - IGRP, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP
       D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
       N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
       E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2, E - EGP
       i - IS-IS, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2, * - candidate
       U - per-user static route, o - ODR

Gateway of last resort is not set

R [120/1] via, 00:00:02, Serial0
R [120/1] via, 00:00:03, Serial0 is subnetted, 1 subnets
C is directly connected, Serial0
R [120/1] via, 00:00:03, Serial0
R [120/1] via, 00:00:03, Serial0

Louie J. Kouncar