bootflash question posted 02/09/2001

When replacing the bootflash SIMM on a 4700, does it already come with
specialized version of IOS to allow the router to boot. I know the bootrom
(EPROM) on a 4000 has rommon and a specialized IOS to allow the router to
boot if there is no image in the bootflash.

Nicholas R. Jaksec, CCNP, CCDP, MCSE+I, CNA
Network Systems Engineer
Lucent Worldwide Services
One North Shore Center
12 Federal St. Suite 420