RE: Haven't posted here in a while... posted 01/24/2001

You can't use static routes in the lab anyway so it shouldn't
apply (to those new people that think this is NDA, this is
widely known, nothing new).  Although I'm sure they could think of a
variation of it for us... ;-)

But if they really wanted to mess with us is to use
"ip pim rp-announce-filter rp-list".  The routers you specify are the ones
that are supposed to be RP's that are allow and deny all else.  But
there's a bug and whatever you list is denied and everything else is
ok...  I found the bug during multicast self-training but haven't filed it
yet.  Now that would really through you off in the lab... ;-)

B.