ATM - NSAP advertisement by a Router? posted 01/18/2001

Does anyone know if you can set up a router to advertise the nsap to
attached end ATM devices?  I've got 2 MC3810s and I'd like to configure the
ESI only on one of them and have him learn the prefix from the switch.  I've
tried to simply configure one device with a complete nsap and enabled pvc
0/16 ilmi between the 2, but the router with only the ESI configured shows
all 0's for his prefix, i.e., it don't work.

Is this possible to do, or do I need a switch, or am I missing a command
that tells the one router to advertize prefixes?  Any help is greatly
appreciated!