From: McCallum, Robert [mailto:Robert.McCallum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 11:47 AM
To: 'Ccielab' (E-mail)
Subject: Token Ring router

Hello,

Trying to configure up a lab at the moment.  I am running into severe
difficulty when trying to connect two routers via a token ring interface.

Scenario = R1 ---token ring0/0(ip 148.100.150.1/24)  ---- MAU ----token
ring0/0(ip 148.100.150.2/24)  ----R2.

I am getting all sorts of ring errors i.e. need to wait for new
monitor.%TR-3-OPENFAIL: Unit 0, open failed: phase4, ring beaconing

Whether I configure source bridge ring numbers makes no difference.

Has anyone done this before who can point me to a link or in the right
direction.  Try not to tell me the answer right out.

Cheers

Robert McCallum