Re: Pinging a Local Multipoint Subinterface. posted 01/15/2001

Sam,
   You typically can't ping your own serial interface, if that's what
you're referring to (although it sometimes works and I'm not sure
why, perhaps only certain types of serial interfaces).  There's an
explaination of this on CCO under Open Forum.  Pinging your own serial
interface actually causes the packet to go out the serial interface and
come back in.

Brian