RE: static sap question - posted 01/09/2001

Julie,

     The 'interface' of the SAP refers to the network number that it
facetiously exists on.  It is a global command, but it needs to refer to a
network.  You can use a connected, physical interface, a loopback, or even
the internal network number.  Keep in mind the loopback can't run NLSP
though.  Example: (My internal network number is 8989)

C#sh ipx int brie
Interface            IPX Network Encapsulation Status                 IPX
State
Loopback0            6767        UNKNOWN       up                     [up]
C#sh ipx serv
Codes: S - Static, P - Periodic, E - EIGRP, N - NLSP, H - Holddown, + =
detail
U - Per-user static
2 Total IPX Servers

Table ordering is based on routing and server info

   Type Name                       Net     Address    Port     Route Hops
Itf
S     4 TEST-FS                   6767.0000.0000.0001:0451      conn   1
Lo0
S     4 TEST2                     8989.0000.0000.0001:0451      conn   1
Int

Chuck Church
CCNP, CCDP, MCNE, MCSE
Sr. Network Engineer