Re: Token Ring posted 01/08/2001

Atif,

Since you're not configured to do dlsw local switching, all traffic should
be locally SRB forwarded, and not through the dls pipe.

Regards

Bernard.

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Atif Awan wrote:

> Thanks .. One more thing .. If you have two routers attached to two 3920
> switch ports in different TrCRFs and i have SRB enabled on the TrCRFs and
> both of the TrCRFs are in the same TrBRF and on top of that i have DLSw+
> connectivity between the two routers also then how will traffic be bridged
> between the two token ring interfaces ? I guess spanning tree has to be
> enabled and it will prevent the formation of loops but will the DLSW path be
> always preferred ?
>
> Regards
> Atif Awan
>

> >From: gferro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Ferro)
> >To: "Atif Awan" <atifawan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: Token Ring
> >Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 10:17:14 +1000
> >
> >You are correct.
> >
> >At 11:41 PM 7/01/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> >>I am reading up on the Cat 3920 and feel ok with the TrCRF and the TrBRF
> >>concepts. However, while i was going through the configuration guidelines
> >>for the TrCRF i noticed that they require Ring numbers in Hex while on the
> >>routers you configure ring numbers in decimal. If the router is supposed
> >>be in ring 25 then will we enter 0x19 in the TrCRF config menu ?
> >>
> >>I do not have a 3920 switch to test things out so any help would be
> >>appreciated.
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>Atif

 Bernard Dunn                       Phone: +61 2 8448 7222
 Customer Support Engineer          Email: dunn@xxxxxxxxx
 Cisco Systems                      Fax  : +61 2 8448 7971
 Asia Pacific Technical Assistance Centre

Have you used Cisco TAC Web Site Lately?
TAC CaseOpen:       http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen/
TAC Newsletter:     http://www.cisco.com/tac/newsletter/
TAC Tools:          http://www.cisco.com/tac/tools/
TAC Documents:      http://www.cisco.com/tac/documents/