RE: BGP to OSPF redist posted 11/01/2000

you don't need to redistribute the BGP into the igp protocol, you have "full mesh" in your AS; I think you only have to stop synchronization (and pay attention to the "next hop" issue for the IBGP learned routes) under the BGP process on R1 and R6 and you will see the IBGP learned routes in the routing table

-----Original Message-----
From: John Conzone [mailto:jkconzone@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 4:46 PM
To: ccielab
Subject: BGP to OSPF redist

    I have 2 routers in BGP AS 2, R1 and R6. R1 has an EBGP connection to R7 and an IBGP connection to R6. R6 has an EBGP connection to R8 (different AS than R7), and a IBGP connection to R1.
    Both R1 and R6 have a EBGP route learned from their external neighbor, and an IBGP route learned from the IBGP neighbor.
    Both routes are in the main routing table in both routers.
    Problem is that when I redistribute BGP into OSPF on either R6 or R1, the only route that gets redistributed is that particular router's EBGP learned route. The IBGP learned route does not get redistributed. What am I missing?
    I can get both routes into OSPF by doing redistribution on each router, but I don't undertsand what is happening.
    Thanks!