Re: Cost & ospf posted 08/23/2000

Hi,

You can also do it with "bandwidth" interface command.

example:

interface e0
bandwidth XXX

This way, the ospf cost of only this interface will be
changed from default. (But this will also affect the
metrics of IGRP and EIGRP, if you are also running
these protocols on this interface)

If you use "ospf auto-cost reference-bandwidth XXX"

the ospf cost of all the interfaces on the router will
get changed fromt the default. (This will not affect
the IGRP & EIGRP metrics)

Hope this helps,

Muthu Mohanasundaram
CCIE # 5938