From: Harbir Kohli <harbirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Ccielab" <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: OSPF and default route
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:47:08 -0400

Hello Group,

I do the following:
Router A
---------
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.10.2

router ospf 1
network 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
redistribute static metric-type 1 metric 100

On router A if I do a show ip route I see the default route

but on any other routers that are exchanging static routes with A I do
not see the static route.
I know OSPF also has a default-information originate command, but what
does redistribute static do ?